July 12, 2018 Environmental Justice Working Group
Time and Location
San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission
455 Golden Gate, Suite 10600
San Francisco, CA 94102
- Call to Order, Roll Call, Introductions and Approval of Agenda Working Group member roll will be called and introductions from visitors and staff will be made. The staff will request the Working Group approve the agenda.
- Approval of June 7, 2018 Environmental Justice Commissioner Working Group Meeting Minutes
Working group will approve 6/7 meeting minutes of the Environmental Justice Commissioner Working Group. The meeting covered guiding principles and best practices for environmental justice policy development and implementation as well as a discussion on community engagement. Minutes can be found on the project webpage on BCDC’s website.
- Environmental Justice and Social Equity Bay Plan Amendment Timeline Update
Staff will provide an update on the current Environmental Justice and Social Equity Bay Plan Amendment timeline and progress.
- Update on Public Engagement Process
Staff will update the working group on the public engagement to date, including lessons learned from the EJ Roundtable in Oakland with State Lands Commission and Coastal Commission, the June Bayview-Hunters Point EJ Taskforce Response Team meeting, the CA Environmental Justice Alliance’s briefing on their recent environmental justice assessment of CA state agencies, and upcoming public engagement events.
- Presentation and Discussion of Background Research on Guiding Principles and Recommendations for EJ Policy
Staff will present on guiding principles and recommendations for EJ policy formulation and implementation gleaned from Bay Area and statewide EJ leaders and experts. Working group will discuss.
- Public Comment