June 7, 2018 Environmental Justice Working Group
Time and Location
Bay Area Metro Center
375 Beale Street
Claremont Room, First Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
- Call to Order, Roll Call, Introductions and Approval of Agenda Working Group member roll will be called and introductions from visitors and staff will be made. The staff will request the Working Group approve the agenda.
- Approval of 4/5 and 5/3 Environmental Justice Commissioner Working Group Meeting Minutes
Working group will approve 4/5 and 5/3 meeting minutes from the first two meetings of the Environmental Justice Commissioner Working Group. The meeting covered the Bay Plan Amendment Process, history of environmental justice work at BCDC, and a discussion on potential public engagement options. Minutes can be found on the project webpage on BCDC’s website. The second meeting included a presentation and discussion on background research and a discussion about public engagement for the amendment.
- Environmental Justice and Social Equity Bay Plan Amendment Timeline Update
Staff will provide an update on the current Environmental Justice and Social Equity Bay Plan Amendment timeline and progress.
- Update on Public Engagement Process
Staff will update the working group on the public engagement strategy and the progress made to date, including relationship building and planned EJ Roundtable in Oakland with State Lands Commission and Coastal Commission.
- Presentation and Discussion of Background Research on Guiding Principles and Recommendations for EJ Policy
Staff will present on guiding principles and recommendations for EJ policy formulation and implementation gleaned from Bay Area and statewide EJ leaders and experts. Working group will discuss.
- Public Comment