May 3, 2018 Environmental Justice Working Group
Time and Location
Bay Area Metro Center
375 Beale Street
Claremont Room, First Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
- Call to Order, Roll Call, Introductions and Approval of Agenda Working Group member roll will be called and introductions from visitors and staff will be made. The staff will request the Working Group approve the agenda.
- Approval of 4/5 Environmental Justice Commissioner Working Group Meeting Minutes
Working group will approve 4/5 meeting minutes from the first meeting of the Environmental Justice Commissioner Working Group. The meeting covered the Bay Plan Amendment Process, history of environmental justice work at BCDC, and a discussion on potential public engagement options. Minutes can be found on the project webpage on BCDC’s website.
- Environmental Justice and Social Equity Bay Plan Amendment Timeline Update
Staff will provide an update on the current Environmental Justice and Social Equity Bay Plan Amendment timeline and progress.
- Presentation and Discussion on Definitions Relevant to the Environmental Justice Bay Plan Amendment
Staff will present other Bay Area regional agencies’ vulnerable/disadvantaged communities maps and working group members will discuss definitions (of environmental justice, social equity, and vulnerable/disadvantaged communities) tailored to BCDC.
- Presentation and Discussion of Environmental Justice Bay Plan Amendment Engagement Strategy
Staff will present draft engagement strategies to be undertaken in the Bay Plan Amendment process, including draft survey questions and updated list of potential policy advisors, as well as the informational hand-out developed for the project.
- Presentation on Background Research
Staff will present preliminary findings from background research, including a summary of discussions with other state and regional agencies.
- Public Comment