June 18, 2020 Commission Meeting Summary
23 members attended the June 18, 2020 virtual BCDC Commission meeting at 1:00 P.M.
The Commission voted 21-0-2 to terminate the Third Amended Supplementary Agreement covering Harbor Bay Isle Shoreline Park and Harbor Bay Business Park in Alameda. For details contact Marc Zeppetello (415/352-3655; email@example.com).
The Commission held a briefing and discussion on the progress of sand mining permit compliance, and staff will report back to the Commission further in November 2020 and in May 2021, and no less than annually thereafter. For details contact Brenda Goeden (415/352-3623; firstname.lastname@example.org). The Commission held a briefing and discussion on BCDC staff’s development of Bay Plan Climate Change policy guidance. For details contact Amber Leavitt (415/352-3619; email@example.com).
The next Commission meeting is scheduled for July 16, 2020 – the Commission’s July 2, 2020 meeting has been cancelled.
The meeting will be held virtually using the same platform and instructions as today’s meeting. The agenda for that meeting likely will include:
- Consideration of, and a possible vote on, a resolution endorsing the California Ocean Protection Council’s recently-approved principles to be implemented by the State as it faces the challenge of rising sea level;
- Consideration of, and a possible vote on, a project proposed at the site of the former Potrero power plant in San Francisco;
- Consideration of, and a possible vote on, the enforcement matter regarding Union Point Park in Oakland;
- Consideration of, and a possible vote on, a resolution to adopt draft guidance on the implementation of the Commission’s climate change policies;
- A public hearing on a draft NOAA-required BCDC Coastal Program Assessment and Strategy;
- A briefing and discussion on possible amendments to the permit governing the Exploratorium and the San Francisco Waterfront Special Area Plan.