Bay Plan Amendment 3-17 – San Francisco Waterfront Special Area Plan
On September 19, 2019, BCDC unanimously initiated a process to amend the San Francisco Bay Plan to update the San Francisco Waterfront Special Area Plan. This amendment process is now underway.
- Notice of Revised Hearing Date
- The initial public hearing on BPA 3-17 was scheduled for December 3, 2020.
- A Staff Report with Preliminary Recommendations will be published no less than 30 days in advance of the public hearing.
- Descriptive Notice for Proposed Bay Plan Amendment 3-17
- Staff Report and Recommendation on Proposed Brief Descriptive Notice for Possible Bay Plan Amendment 3-17 to Amend the San Francisco Waterfront Special Area Plan
Upcoming Meetings, Public Hearings, and Opportunities for Comment
Stay tuned for additional information on Commission briefings, workshops, and other outreach events.
Port of San Francisco’s Waterfront Plan
In 2015, the Port published a Waterfront Plan Review report about the waterfront projects and changes that have taken place since 1997, when the Waterfront Plan was initially adopted. The Port identified new issues that needed address and created the Waterfront Plan Working Group, supported by seven Advisory Teams. Their 3-year planning process delved into land use, transportation, resilience, and several other issues, leading to public recommendations about how the Port waterfront should be improved in the future, which is incorporated in the Draft Waterfront Plan. More information on the Port’s Waterfront Plan can be found here: https://sfport.com/waterfront-plan-update
For more information please contact:
Shannon Fiala, Planning Manager
San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission
375 Beale Street
San Francisco, CA 94105